- One mug of organic coffee with organic skim milk and Peppermint Mocha Coffee Mate, which probably cancels out all of the organic. One trick I have learned with flavored Coffee Mate is to first use nonfat milk to cool the coffee and dilute it a bit. By using milk first, you eliminate the need to pour in a ton of CM for the purpose of cooling. Not only does that add unnecessary sugar and calories, but it also makes the coffee too sweet. After the milk, pour in a little bit of CM for flavor and stir.
- One sprouted grain organic English muffin with natural apple butter. When I first started using natural apple butter I found it lacking in flavor. However, as I have gotten used to it I have started to appreciate the real apple taste. Anything else I try with added sugar and flavoring tastes artificial and overly processed to me now.
- Three Laughing Cow cheese squares. I like to eat one about every 1/3 of the way through my English muffin. 😀
- Chobani Pomegranate Greek Yogurt – My first time trying this flavor and it was awesome!! Loved the crunchy, juicy arils.
- Cobb salad with romaine, spinach, grilled chicken, hard-boiled egg, bacon, tomato, avocado, blue cheese, and a touch of mustard vinaigrette.
- I stole a can of Coke from D’s office. My throat has been sore & puffy so a soda sounded incredibly delicious and refreshing at that point (it still does).
- Large, juicy black seedless grapes. Delicious.
- I stopped by a special women’s-only sale at the running store after my trip to the gym and scored two chocolate coconut balls and a cream cheese/chicken/bacon/toast appetizer while I walked around. Does that sorta kinda count as my post-workout carbs + protein? Not so much.
- I had one Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark square when I got home.
- Two bowls of six bean soup with low sodium organic veggie broth, onions, celery, stewed tomatoes, and various spices.
- A banana.
- 30 min. heavy lifting & abs, including crunches, leg lifts, cable rows, and lunges. Also drop sets. I love drop sets.
- 15 min. stationary bike, level 7, above 85 rpm’s.
After the gym I stopped by the running store for the aforementioned women-only promotional sale. It was pretty fab. Free snacks, t-shirts, door prizes, free chair massages, a free pair of specialty running socks, discounts on everything in the store, and even deeper discounts when you bought a pair of running shoes. Too bad I didn’t need a pair because I would have been all over that! Loved the free socks, though. I bought a pair of Super Feet inserts to replace my well-used and well-loved pair that I transferred over into my New Balances when I ended my relationship with Adidas Supernovas.
Tomorrow is a day absolutely full of meetings. I don’t think I’ll get a chance to run as I had hoped so it may turn into a rest day. Hope everyone is having a great week!