Tonight’s gym session was one of those times where you feel so full of life, energy, and appreciation for being able to do what you do that someone could slash your favorite jeans and give you a bad haircut and you’d still only be mildly perturbed. During my intervals I found myself smiling a little and feeling endlessly grateful to be there.
It’s days like this that make up for the days when you can barely suffer through 20 minutes on the treadmill before you drag yourself home and eat your way through a bag of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares.
- 30 min. heavy weights + abs
- 10 min. elliptical forward, level 6, over 5.5 speed
- 10 min. elliptical backward, level 6, over 5.0 speed
- 10 min. stationary bike, level 6, over 85 rpm
- 9 min. jog/run speed intervals, 1 min. on 4.8, 1 min. on 7.0 before I had to leave
I didn’t originally plan to run but my breathing and heart rate felt so steady and my muscles were so nicely warmed up that I had to.
I am so thankful for being able to do this. I don’t ever want it to end.