Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
(My entry into the Stonyfield Farm Na Moo Ste Sweepstakes for bloggers.)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripened, mashed bananas
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain Oikos Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Lightly spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray. Be sure to grease all the way up the sides of the pan and up around the middle tube.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs (mixing briefly after each one), and vanilla extract together until fluffy. Add mashed bananas.
- Add flour mixture slowly, mixing lightly after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Add Oikos Greek Yogurt.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 38-44 minutes. Mine took precisely 41 minutes. 🙂
- Remove from oven and let sit for several minutes.
- Place a plate over the pan and, using mitts, turn the bread onto the plate. It should come out easily.
Fresh out of the oven:
Such a handsome banana crust.